Monday, February 10, 2014

Writing Desk for Master Bedroom In Process

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Last night we worked on the headboard - it is coming along! In the meantime, I am also working on the desk for the bedroom

I am finally sharing my first and favorite craigslist find today - a writing desk - beautiful construction, solid oak, dove tail drawers - I wish furniture was made this well today!

Ive been putting off working on it because I wasnt exactly sure how I wanted to refinish it ...


Ive decided to sand it down and re-stain or keep the natural wood and wax it ... there is some damage on the top, so we will see ...

Also, if you noticed the three sections on the top - the middle opens up to a vanity mirror, pretty neat!


Today with my eye protection and respirator I tackled sanding it as much as I could stand - sanding is soooo messy and by far my least favorite task!! Maybe David will finish sanding for me??

Looking better right?

The chair came with the desk for $65 total - I plan to upholster the seat and probably paint it.

Stay tuned!






TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment