Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Wooden Chalkboard Compass

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download


Were starting a Geometry block at school and I needed a chalkboard compass. I know I could buy one online, but wheres the fun in that? So I whipped up a prototype late last night and early this morning (pre-coffee even - living dangerously!).

I tried it out today and it works pretty well. So well, in-fact, that it is probably destined to join my long line of prototypes that become users. The only complaint is that the pencil eraser is a little too slippery. Ill probably need to replace it with something that has a bit more grab on a dusty chalkboard. I dont know what that is yet...

Heres a shot of the compass with the tool kit:


And heres a shot of its first "bench test":



Quick, fun, and useful - ahh, lifes good!



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment