Monday, February 10, 2014

Abbys Dollhouse

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
This is the newest project coming out of my wood shop. It is a dollhouse for my granddaughter Abby. I did not get any early-on photos. These pictures are after the final sanding, and just before painting.

Here is the front of the house. It measures 24" wide x 16" high x 12" deep. I installed 4 pillars on the front to make it more colonial looking. I used 1/2" birch for the body, and poplar for the trimwork.




Side views...



With my router lettering template, I routed her name into the front of the house before I assembled the front panel...

I hinged the front door so it opens. I used my scroll saw to make a rough shape of a heart, and then finished carving it by hand. I installed it as a door handle. Here you can also see the shutters...


At the top of each pillar, I installed some scrolly type trim, just to dress it up...


Here is a picture of the backside. It is a 2 story house, complete with windows and staircase. I trimmed out all of the unfinished ends in poplar.


I cut the stair stringers with the scroll saw. The stringers are correct in the aspect that they are built the same as in a normal house, with the proper rise and run for the height given. I then cut each stair tread to fit, and trimmed the opening at the top.




Its now time to paint the house. Abby has requested pink, purple, and white (although I am debating over the purple). Ill take some finished photos before I give it to her. Im sure itll become a chick sorority house soon...






TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment