Thursday, February 6, 2014

Appliance Garage Tambour

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Well, I finally got back to work on the tambour slats for the appliance garage. The parts have been made to rough length and milled for months. I cut the slats to length using my custom EZ Power Bench (PBB). The guides on the ends of the slats were routed on the PBB using the Smart Router Kit (SRK). 1/8" holed were drilled 6" from the ends of the slats and lengths of cable (3/32" I think) pass through the holes to hold everything together. I did a dry assembly on the tambour and it works well in the cabinet, so I hope to start staining and finishing the tambour parts and the doors in next few days. A slideshow of some of the process is below, but the full size pics are here.


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment