Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Bookcase Renovation

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Over the weekend I finished this bookcase ...


A few weeks ago I found this beauty on craigslist for $20 (the bottom doors did come with it, but I didnt get a pic with them)


I didnt notice a lot of the damage because I was so excited for the hardwood. 

Once I got home and looked a little closer  WOW  It looked liked it had been kicked, dragged around and used as a jungle gym

When I thought I had filled in all the holes, cracks and dents ... I found more and more and more

I probably should of just bought something new, but for $20 I guess what can you expect?

A few weeks later, I called it good - sanded, primed, and top coat on (SW Big Chill).


Looking better ... 

I then began stenciling the back with a little black acrylic paint added to SW Big Chill 


The corners were a too hard to get to, so I ended up taking the back off and finishing there ... much easier, wish I would of done that from the start!  


and here it is in the living room (with a peek of what I am doing here) 



moved things around a little - the - a -  is spray painted and the books are wrapped with scrap booking paper.


I used these knobs from anthropologie in turquoise

These were taken with our point and shoot camera ... Over the weekend, I may or not of dropped my camera, well it actually fell off of the table - lens flying off - breaking the plastic connection from the lens to the camera body :( 

We were thinking about upgrading our camera anyways, so now to decide whether we will get a new camera or just a new lens

This weekend we were also working on building a new upholstered ottoman for the living room 


Check back later to see our progress! 


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment